Job Title: Material Handler
Department: Shipping / Receiving
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt OT expected
Reports To: Warehouse Team Leader Shipping / Receiving Supervisory
- Load / unload trailers, move parts, machinery, equipment and / or finished goods to appropriate area.
- Loads trailers with product for shipment ensuring accuracy.
- Create TO (Transfer Orders), pick list.
- Utilizing a variety of material handling equipment to include scanners, forklift trucks, pallet jacks shrink-wrap machine and other equipment as needed.
- As instructed, move material to storage or staging area and ensures proper placement in appropriate location
- At times may need to break down material to meet distribution requirements.()May audit material as required (individual loads or shipments, periodic cycle counting, etc.)
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, grab or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit and talk to others
- Must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- High School Education or general education degree (GED).
- Must have one-year warehouse experience.
- There will be on the job training for specific processes.
- Forklift certification and two-year driving experience
- Experience in stand-up and sit-down
- Open availability from 7:00 am to 11:oo pm for scheduling