|.Net Application Support
Long-term contract to hire
***Must be local and be able to interview in person. No exceptions***
*This opening is for production support vs. new development so we are not looking for a MS.Net Developer!
*Looking for 7-10 years of experience supporting.Net Application development
Under general supervision, the Application Support Specialist deploys debugs, monitor and documents software applications, including interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high-level logic for system control. The individual in this position is responsible for software deployment and support for new and existing applications and works closely with the entire application development team to ensure development conforms to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements. The selected candidate will also work closely with various other teams (UNIX, Windows server, Database, Desktop, Test team, Infrastructure, Telecom) within IT Operations.
- Responsible to manage Development, QA, UAT and Production environments
- Perform general support administration duties. This includes Product setup, upgrades, migrations, patching, storage management, security & performance tuning.
- Participate in development, testing, and maintenance of .NET
- Monitor test results, and make appropriate
- Maintain high availability and performance for production
- Root Cause Analysis on P1 P2 issues on
- Responsible for documentation: Define operational processes for Run book and SOP documentation, automating routine operational tasks
- Identify opportunities for improvement, makes proposals and participates in the planning of new and enhanced technologies or services within the area of expertise.
- Multitasking capabilities and ability to work in multiple environments and projects as necessary under tighter SLAs for crunch situations
- Create and maintain installation documentation and architectural diagrams
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
- Monitor program execution for expected performance
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures
- Follow departmental standards and guidelines
- Research new technology associated with .NET and make recommendations
- Standardize environment & Improve standards and procedures that support the companies.Net applications environment needs
- Research and recommend optimal .NET Application design criteria
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
Qualifications (Skills & Experiences & Education)
- 7 – 10 Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’ s degree in Computer Science
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role:
- 7 + years of strong experience with supporting.Net applications and services
- 7 + years of experience Oracle and SQL server databases.
- Experience in trouble shooting .NET application and custom processing issues
- Experience in implementing and configuring Riverbed (OPNET) application monitoring tool for .NET applications and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments
- Must be good team player
- Technically enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude is required
- Ability to work unsupervised in a multitask environment Core financial industry knowledge as pertains to data relationships a plus