Windows Systems Administrator
Seeking a Level 3 Windows Systems Administrator for multiple client/server technologies at one of our Lansing-based clients. The person fulfilling this position would be responsible for a broad range of computer related services including but not limited to:
Work Responsibilities Include:
- Working with the various Infrastructure teams, operations and other System Administrators to manage the availability and reliability of all client/server based systems, including all virtualization components, operating systems, applications, etc.
- VMware upgrade migration from version 5.5 to 6.X
- Reviewing existing virtualization configuration and providing recommendations regarding upgrades, improvements, etc.
- Developing plans for a comprehensive disaster recovery/ back up and archiving solution
- Maintaining strong relationships with employees and various tier two and three support groups.
- Managing the daily operations of the systems management team to ensure service levels are being met across the organization
- Managing the systems management team’s support issue and backlog.
- Monitoring the team’s open backlog of support issues and re-assigning issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per agreed upon service levels.
- Acting as the first level of escalation for high priority support issues.
- Installing, configuring, and managing both virtualization software and associated OS infrastructure components
- Providing monthly reporting statistics as required
- Managing or engaging in special information technology projects as assigned
- Function as the liaison to the various support groups with whom the systems management team interfaces.
- Manage expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
- Ensure that development and deployment quality standards are followed.
- Developing the technical infrastructure maintenance strategy.
- Act as a system’s management expert.
- Analyzing, determining, and documenting requirements in terms of system management needs and implement them.
- Identifying, approving, and prioritizing team projects.
- 24 x 7 On-call availability for emergency support
- Occasional evening and weekend work to perform maintenance and upgrades.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study.
- IT Professional with 4+ year’s industry experience with VMWare 5.5 or above.
- 4+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2003-2016), Linux and/or Unix, and Microsoft Active Directory
- Exposure to Mainframe technology is preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Understands principles of routing client/server programming.
- Understand the business application of technical support and design in an application development environment.
- Understands the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Strong hands-on aptitude in performing administration functions such as installations and configurations, migrations, etc.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Notes, etc.), Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Good decision-making skills and initiative in solving problems.