Java Enterprise Architect
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
On-boarding a contract-to-hire developer to assist with Application Architecture reference implementations and also support EA systems integration work.
The Senior Developer develops Enterprise & Application Architecture code-based deliverables, including frameworks, reference implementations,test harnesses, etc. In addition, they will integrate various Enterprise Architecture systems to improve the team's workflow, reporting and analytics capabilities.
Participating in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems Developing best practice on integration patterns and strategy for Enterprise Architecture tooling identifying gaps and develop process for data quality enhancement and remediation
Working with a team of Enterprise Architects to plan reference implementations (i.e., example illustrative projects) to demonstrate various architectural patterns Creating software projects for each reference implementation using appropriate build tools (Maven, Gradle, Grunt, etc.)
Full-stack development of all software, or in some cases, working with short-term, specialized contract staff to develop software
Documenting efforts and progress in JIRA and creating user documentation in Confluence
Ensuring that the software is readily accessible to the developer community using Git (BitBucket), and is easily executable in a server-less compute environment (e.g., Docker)As reference implementations, the output created by the candidate must be readable, high quality software.
Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or closely-related field
Skills & Experience
Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming
Full stack programming experience with the demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new languages and frameworks
- 5+ years with Java
- 2+ years with single-page application (SPA) development using a framework such as AngularJS, Polymer, Backbone, etc., and accompanying build tools
- 3+ years experience with Maven and/or Gradle
- 1+ year experience with Git
- 2+ years experience in developing and consuming Web (REST) APIs
- 1+ year experience in messaging (JMS, AMQP, etc.)
- 1+ year experience with containerization (e.g., Docker)
- Experience with authentication and authorization approaches (e.g., OAuth) desired
- Exposure to JIRA and Confluence a plus