We are seeking an Mechanical Installation Technician to assist with the full life cycle of prototyping, installing, and assembling custom car audio systems.
• Vehicle teardown and assembly
• Clay modeling and styling of prototype parts for concept cars
• Fabrication shop upkeep and scrap clean up
• Helping co-worker learn new skills
• Design, fabricate and install custom class A parts into cars.
• Design and install audio wiring into vehicles
• Design and build customer acoustic enclosures to specifications.
• 7+ years of experience in custom automotive part design and installation.
• Armature builds, vac-forming, vinyl wrapping, leather wrapping.
• Use of all hand tools and shop equipment.
• Experience with welding.
• Experience with Metalwork and parts fabrication.
• Passion for audio and music.
• Experience with wiring vehicle electrical systems.
• Skilled in clay modeling.
• Experience with composites and fiberglass related materials.
• Experience with prototype and concept car builds.
• Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
• Willingness for overtime and weekend work, as needed
- Associates preferred
- Will consider work experience as a substitute for degree