We are actively seeking a Associate level Mechanical Engineer II with strong CAD skills. Minimum professional experience is 2- 4 years.
• Develop advanced product designs in cooperation with the appropriate engineering disciplines and technicians according to customer and federal regulations and specifications.
• Use CATIA Version 5 (Revision 20 or higher) CAD software at a highly skilled level to develop product concepts and designs of amplifier assemblies and components.
• Create tolerance stack-up analysis on a speaker assembly’s components and its vehicle mounting interface.
• Analyze speaker assemblies and their subcomponents with consideration to,
• Customer requirements and supplier capabilities.
• Cost and timing to ensure manufacturability, efficiency and quality.
• Utilize software tools such as FEA and mold flow analysis to confirm design integrity
• Uses analysis techniques such as the DFMEA to identify and assess design and manufacturing risks.
• Travel to customer and supplier facilities, as necessary.
• Stay current on innovative manufacturing processes to facilitate optimal product design using DFA and/or Design for Assembly & Manufacturing methodology.
• Prepare technical reports and presentations for customer and/or internal use, as necessary.
• Create and release appropriate engineering documentation.
• Investigate and analyze appropriate data to verify intent and compliance of design to customer and government specifications and requirements.
• Lead internal design reviews with peers and management to ensure that new product designs are compliant to ‘Best Practices’ and ‘Lessons Learned’ requirements.
o 2-4 Years’ experience in OEM automotive product design, including:
o Experience in the design and engineering of injection-molded plastic components
o Experience in the design and engineering of stamped sheet metal components
o CATIA V5 CAD design skills or equivalent in another CAD software
o Experience using DFMEA and/or DRBFM analytical tools
o Experience using PLM tools, especially ProductCenter and TeamCenter
o BSME, BSMET or related degree.
o Work experience beyond the minimum experience requirement may be an acceptable substitute for engineering degree.