We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist with converting product ideas into successful manufactured products through the use of standardized specifications and methods.
• Interfaces with ID, AE, EE, PM and marketing teams to develop a concept into a manufactured product.
• Ensures that specifications (3D models and 2D CAD) adhere to industry standards such as ASME Y14.5.
• Develop mechanical design data, sketches, notes and calculations necessary to present design proposals. Create initial design considering such parameters as manufacturability, fit and tolerances, function requirements, suitability of material, human factors, reliability, maintenance, cost and design trends.
• Provide technical direction for production of drawings, construction of experimental models and fabrication of prototypes.
• Organizes design release packages and leads design reviews of those packages.
• Contributes to the development program documentation, BOM’s, FMEA, owners and technical manuals.
• BSME or a minimum of 12 years of experience in mechanical engineering or the equivalent of appropriate education and related work experience as deemed necessary by management.
• Computer literate in MS Office and photo editing software.
• Highly skilled in SolidWorks
• Highly skilled in 2D CAD, eg. Autocad, Draftsight
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 standards
• Working knowledge of dimensional metrology
• Familiar with manufacturing methods, tools for manufacturing and tools for measurement.
• Knowledge of DFM, DFMEA
• Basic understanding of production processes- wood milling, painting, PVC wrap, casting, die casting, injection molding, compression molding, CNC
• Basic understanding materials science
• Knowledge and experience in manufacturing database software as related to Bills of Material and MRP.
• Conceptual and detailed design within a CAD environment.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Team player
Education and Travel Requirements:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Willingness to travel 15% of the time