We’re Looking For
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, MatLab, etc
- Prior experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of data scientists
- Ability to juggle a portfolio of projects and prioritize resources accordingly
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- You have a desire to work collaboratively and help upskill and support the data community within the firm in order to raise the machine learning competency across the organization.
- *Knowledge of most of the following quantitative fields
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Statistical Analysis & Modeling
- Causal Inference & Program Evaluation
- Text Mining & Natural Language Processing
- Econometric Time Series Analysis
- Behavioral Economics
- Design of Experiment
- Mathematical Programming
- Multi-Objective Optimization
- Decision Theory
- Stochastic Optimization
- Heuristic Algorithms
- Reinforcement Learning
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Speech Analytics
- Bayesian Statistics
- Network Science
The qualified candidate will apply your machine learning and cognitive computing skills to vast and varied data sets on one of the industry’s leading developmental networks. The role will be a core member of an AI/ML focused incubator team consisting of Product, Design Thinking, Engineering and System Architecture professionals, all focused on developing products and services to improve investment outcomes and enrich the customer experience.
Scope of project --
The role is based in Boston, MA or Durham, NC.
We are developing a Data Science competency within Labs to help understand, develop and test the data enabled products and services of our future. As such we are seeking both a leader and a do-er that is excited by the opportunity to build a world-class data science team to tackle leading edge opportunities in our businesses.
- Collaborate with incubator team to understand the customer and business needs in order to recommend solutions where a data/machine learning approach may be optimal
- Identify and recommend required data sets
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Develop machine learning models, to be used in prototypes and production products
- Provide insight and analysis to the Labs research function to further the understanding of AI techniques across firm
- Provide guidance to other data groups throughout the firm on best practice and advanced technique learnings
How Your Work Impacts
The mission of our Labs team is to catalyze ideas and innovation across the firm. Our teams prototype and pilot new businesses, products and capabilities that continue to distinguish our brand as the best customer experience in the financial services industry.