We are actively seeking a Java/J2EE senior Java/J2EE developers for its Berwyn, PA office. As the market leading turnkey asset management platform, we provide a robust suite of investment products to financial advisers.The job combines the energy and enthusiasm of a start up with the stability and benefits of a NYSE listed corporation. This position is ideal for a dedicated software developer who has progressively grown his/her professional careers and is excited about working in the investment industry and who wants to make an impact.
The client is a leading independent provider of technology-enabled, web-based investment solutions and services to financial advisers.
Our centrally-hosted technology platform provides integrated services like proposal generation and paperwork preparation, model management and account re-balancing, multi-custodian online trading, customized fee billing, performance reporting and communication tools, and interfaces to third-party asset custodians to independent wealth managers and financial advisers via an internet-based application.
Software developers will have broad programming responsibility on all tiers of the applications (user interface, middle tier, database). They will develop new features and enhance existing ones. They will be involved in software design under the mentorship of principal architects. Participating as team members of software developers or as individual contributors, they will be directly involved in creating software that allows investment advisers to profile investors’ financial needs and objectives, construct portfolios to meet those goals, invest and trade their accounts, integrate with custodians and brokers, and provide analytics and reporting.
As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company. Join us!
Open to US Citizens and Residents only, No sponsorship / relocation available at this time. EOE
- 7-14 years of software development experience in Java/J2EE, Spring, JDBC and ORM frameworks, ESB, service frameworks
- 7- 10 years’ experience with JSP, JSTL, custom tag libraries, XML, CSS, HTML5, 4-6 years’ experience using JUnit or another unit testing framework
- Excellent background in Object Oriented design and programming, design patterns, scalable designs.
- Experience working with Agile, TDD and BDD methodologies in a product design/development environment
- 5-7 years’ experience with Rest, SOAP, JSON
- Experience with SVN, Github or other source control
- Ability to complete complex projects with high degree of quality and great attention to detail
- Bachelor degree (Computer Science or equivalent), MS preferred
- Collaborative skills, experience working with product, systems and QA teams
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and business concepts
- Financial/Investment experience or knowledge is beneficial