- Preparation of deliverables including High Level Design (HLD), Detailed Design Document (DDD), Network Implementation Plan (NIP), and Network Ready for Use (NRFU) documents; install and configure network devices like Cisco Nexus Series
switches, i.e. 9k/7k/6k/5k/3k/2k; troubleshoot network issues;
- Coordinate and work with other data center teams such as Server, Storage, and Backup Operations; assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment; make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment;
- Participate in performance and volume analysis and design;
- Participate in performance improvement activities;
- Identify and apply potential improvements related to the environment for an application;
- Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and environment questions in a timely manner;
- Provide effective on-site environment support as needed; accurately set severity of identified defects;
- Provide input to training and/or documentation materials regarding latest technical and functional design change;
- Ensure that all work is documented for future reference;
- Follow quality standards; ensure effective and reliable backups are being performed and distributed properly;
- Proactively address customer needs; track and anticipate volume and type of use of the environment;
- Plan and implement shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools,
compilers, and code editors; basic scripting and programming skills, including languages that run on specified platform;
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates; plan and manage network operating system upgrades;
- Actively participate in analyzing and evaluating emerging software and hardware technologies/standards; serve as a liaison between teams for network planning and connectivity;
- Develop appropriate functional and usability standards for the environments;
- Plan or assist in planning network environment, including supporting existing structure and enhancements;
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades and new and standard products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment;
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application or Environment team;
- Develop contingency plans as necessary;
- Analyze the functional and/or technical impact of new product releases; advanced scripting and programming skills, including languages that run on specified platform;
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team; determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner; Identify and track issues, risks and action items; identify opportunities for new and improved technologies/standards to be used in the organization; identify, plan, and implement phase-out strategies for products and technologies;
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment;
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching/conveying technical courses/concepts;
- Assist in setting architecture direction and knowledge sharing;
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work efforts the Application or
- Develop appropriate work programs and use to effectively schedule tasks/assignments;
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience performing the essential functions listed above;
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise-class network/ telecommunication technology solutions;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science/ Telecommunications/IT or related field;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
The successful candidate will
- Specialize in implementation and optimization of Enterprise
Networks, and Next Generation Data Centers, and have experience in MPLS?VPN and routing protocols like OSPF/BGP; TCP/UDP IPV4, IP addressing techniques (NAT/PAT), virtual LANs, L2 Switching, DHCP, DNS,FTP,TFTP; Unified
Communications Systems (UCS); day-to-day operations, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco, routing and switching environments.
- Candidate must have strong expertise in deployment and configuration of network devices in data such as Cisco Nexus Series switches, i.e. 9k/7k/6k/5k/3k/2k and strong experience in configuring Layer 2/3 networking features such as VLAN, VTP, ISL, 8.02.10. STP, RSTP, vPC, Port Channel, Port Security and L2PT.
- Preferred: Certifications such as CCNP R&S, CCNP DC, CCDP are considered a strong asset; equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution.
- Previous experience in the Utility industry considered an asset.
- Ability to retrieve data from computerized, typed and written sources.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally or in writing project recommendations with internal teams and external agencies.
- Occasional walking, climbing over various terrains to inspect construction sites, facilities, etc. Moder