We are seeking an Associate Product Manager experienced in the procurement, tracking, manufacturing, and distribution of various industrial supply products.
- Provides support for product managers in efforts to improve supplier operational performance, and control, manage, and decrease costs.
- Resolves product discrepancies and receiving exceptions and makes process improvement recommendations to avoid similar difficulties.
- Compiles supplier performance data for analysis and assists product managers in the development of monthly key results reports.
- Ensures new suppliers meet operational requirements.
- Compiles and analyzes, under guidance of product manager, supplier cost data and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Researches, under guidance of product manager, alternate supplier sources and makes recommendations for improvement actions.
- Expedites the enrollment of targeted suppliers for freight initiatives.
- Monitors supplier purchases relative to supplier purchase incentive programs to determine utilization and impact of programs.
- Supports Product Manager in development of new products and maintaining of existing products within the product line
- Fosters the Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one year industrial manufacturing Product Management.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills are required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word Processing and Spreadsheet software is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Negotiation skills are preferred.