We are in the need of a Clinical Pharmacist to work as a travel pharmacist (for a 6 month assignment) in 3rd Shift and able to start immediately, possibly temp to Core. This position ensures the safe and effective use of medications through order verification; assessment for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration; provision of drug information and education; drug therapy monitoring services; and drug procurement and dispensing for facility.
One of the nation's most automated pharmacies, this department utilizes bar code technology, assisted dispensing, robotics and other major automated systems to provide greater accuracy and order-processing speed. This enables Pharmacists to spend more time on nursing units, providing teaching, drug information and other clinical functions to medical staff. Pharmacy is open 24 hours a day, while ambulatory pharmacy provides outpatient prescription services for employees, Home Health, Hospice, Social Services, CRS, Workers' Comp, retirees and the school medical program.
- Provides pharmacy services to inpatient and outpatient care areas.
- Works with nursing and medical staff to ensure the best care possible is being given.
- Ratio 1.6 techs per pharmacist
- Operating System (EPIC)
- Dispensing System Pharmacy Automation is Connect Rx and Omni-cell
- Number of scripts filled per day 2300 Pharmacist Verified Orders per day & 7600 Charged Doses Dispensed Daily
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Educational program curriculum and/or 1 year (PGY1) Residency
- Current Licensure with state of Arizona or Licensure obtained prior to start.
- Computer proficiency (must be able to pass computer proficiency assessment)
- 2 years clinical experience as a health system Pharmacist
- Experience with EPIC electronic health record.
We can offer:
- Above average industry rates
- Relocation assistance and expense reimbursement
- Opportunity for extended contract or permanent residency