- Support in-house patent attorney(s) in all phases of patent prosecution.
- Administer, maintain, and continuously update client’s docketing database for all patent matters with respect to invention disclosures, patent applications prepared by outside counsel, correspondence from global patent offices and internal business clients, and payment of issue fees, maintenance fees, and annuity fees.
- Work in a global team of paralegals to proactively analyze potential process issues and propose workflow improvements.
- Create and maintain filing records of global patent applications and related prosecution prepared and filed by global outside counsel.
- Coordinate with members of the IP team and outside counsel in the preparation of patent legal documents such as ownership documents, declarations, and petitions.
- Coordinate and communicate with various stakeholders such as engineering and business leads in Client’s global business units on patent matters such as invention disclosures and legal documents for filing with the EPO and soliciting feedback / recommendations with respect to global patent matters.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside domestic and international counsel on patent matters based on information and instructions from a managing clients' IP attorney.
- Prepare, generate and distribute reports as requested by members of the law department/ business units.
- Supporting in-house patent team as needed, including providing back-up and assisting with general administrative duties
-Familiarity with law office organization and protocols
-Ability to give and take direction as part of a global team located in multiple global offices to complete patent related projects and assignments
3+ years’ experience as a patent paralegal, particularly working with patent docketing databases Experience working with databases to track and extract information like Anaqua, Cpi (AMS), Serengeti is a plus Education and / or work experience in managing the administrative aspects of an IP portfolio including inventor filing and issuance awards, annuities / maintenance fees and generating patent related reports for internal stakeholders and external parties
Education as Patent Paralegal or Legal Secretary