Technical Program Manager
• Technical Program Manager-I manages cross-functional teams to introduce new audio systems for OEM customers and supports other PMs in managing critical customer deliveries.
• Manage 2-4 audio system (system and amplifier) program teams, requiring both applications and international development
• Supports other PMs in tracking critical customer deliverables and internal project milestones
• Define tasks to be performed by cross-functional team in developing systems. Use task list to create a work breakdown structure. Use work breakdown structure to establish program
• Follow corporate product development (or applications) process. Ensure the compliance of team members.
• Ensure prompt decision-making is executed by promoting consensus decisions, intervening when consensus decision-making fails, and making unilateral decisions in the case of a deadlock.
• Background in Automotive Electronics and Audio
• Understand all of the technical detail of the products used in all systems, both electrical and
• Approve requirements and technical solutions for meeting requirements for all development
• Establish and manage program
• Work with Sales, Supplier Engineering, and Design Engineering to set system cost target. Meet system cost
• Set team goals for timeliness, customer issues, and quality. Lead team to meet
• Interact wit all internal functions: design engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, marketing, and
• Negotiate resource allocations from functional managers. When a resource conflict occurs, negotiate a solution wit functional managers and other program
• Identify program issues as early as possible and drive resolution at the team level. If resolutions requires management intervention, escalate to appropriate management personnel with proposed
• Review selected suppliers and quotes, and participate in supplier reviews/selection as
• Coordinate and oversee ordering of prototype and production
• Audit task completion. Report major deviations from plan to appropriate management.
• Provide monthly reports in requested format.
• Recommend continuous improvements development process. Complete other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• REQUIRED Specific Knowledge, Expertise,
o Project management skills
o Technical knowledge of the Audio systems and Automotive Electronics
o Will be able to travel to customer location and plants occasionally
PMP certification preferred
2+ years related experience in program management, sales, quality, design, engineering management, or process engineering