This position is within an Car Audio business and is responsible for all day-to-day software testing infrastructure activities for globally developed amplifiers. This position will report to the Manager for Audio.
- Software validation for projects or teams on audio electronics.
- Interfaces with Program Management, Engineering and Sales to develop and execute software testing for amplifiers
- Develops test strategies and plans in accordance with business and product requirements
- Gives guidance and direction to junior test engineers within group.
- Applies specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans, test designs, and test cases.
- Creates automated test scripts using common scripting languages.
- Performs manual and automated software testing. Performs session-based exploratory testing.
- Identifies software issues and transfers problem issues into the issue tracking system with supporting log files and data.
- Records, processes, and analyzes data with PC based tools and test instrumentation.
- Documents testing and creates test reports. Follows CMMI/SPICE guidelines for creating and maintaining test documentation.
- Coordinates with different departments domestically and internationally. Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and other activities in the framework of an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Participates in internal and customer test drives. Provides technical support for the resolution of various customer and interdepartmental issues on an as needed basis.
- Performs setup of modules/wiring and maintains test benches and test vehicles appropriately.
- Demonstrates and maintains a safe driving record. Maintains and operates any vehicles within the group according to company vehicle policy.
- Weekend work may be required from time to time to ensure program commitments are met
- 2-5 years in a product engineering or test engineering role in an embedded environment, preferably in automotive infotainment or consumer electronics.
- 2-5 years creating test plans and test cases.
- 2-5 creating automation scripts.
- 2-5 years LabView Development.
- Certified Labview Architect or Developer
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a highly collaborative, demanding, and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, the software test life cycle, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.,).
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and integrating multiple systems into a complete validation solution.
- Working knowledge of multiple scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.,).
- Working knowledge of other structured languages (C++, C#, VB)
- Vehicle networking experience (CAN, MOST).
- Software testing training (SQE, ISTQB, etc.,).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing software bugs.
- Dedicated performer with the ability to advocate appropriately for product quality.
- Relentless learner with a dedication to learn new technologies and test methods.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Bug tracking tools (JIRA, etc.,).
- Configuration Management tools (Perforce, GIT, etc.,).
- Office productivity software.
- BSCE, BSEE, BSCS.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixes organization
- Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI