Our client is currently seeking a Web Editor.
• Experience in editing, online publishing, website management or social media.
• Collaborative, positive attitude with a strong team ethic.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize time effectively.
• Experience using enterprise web content management systems such as Adobe AEM/CQ.
• Strong understanding of digital content best practices.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Creates customer-focused content for websites and applications. The Web Editor follows plain language and content strategy best practices while performing his/her duties.
S/he works with the digital team and subject matter experts to ensure that content is both technically and stylistically accurate.
S/he is a budding expert in creating web content and fully understands how to write and edit plain-language content for websites and applications. S/he is also an advocate for plain language and content strategy.
1 Writes and edits digital content.
2 Creates, edits, publishes, audits, maintains pages within the web content management system.
3 Collaborates with other members of the content strategy team while creating and maintaining content strategy deliverables such as content matrices, audits and inventories, messaging, process flows, and page tables.
• Produces web content. This includes publishing within the company’s content management systems.
• Prepares content for the web following best practices for search engine optimization, including proper use of keywords and preparation of relevant meta content such as description, title and alt tags.
• Reads, understands, and occasionally writes basic HTML coding.
• Works with digital analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements.
• Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
• Collaborates with teams across the organization.
• Participates in quality assurance testing to verify that websites and applications function properly.
The Web Editor reports to the Content Strategy Team Lead and should be comfortable working under minimum supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
One or more years of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.