Our client is currently seeking a QA Editor.
• Experience in editing, online publishing, website management or social media.
• Collaborative, positive attitude with a strong team ethic.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize time effectively.
• Experience using enterprise web content management systems such as Adobe AEM/CQ.
• Strong understanding of digital content best practices.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Edits, tests, and produces content for websites and applications. The QA Editor follows plain language and content strategy best practices while performing his/her duties.
S/he works with the digital team and subject matter experts to ensure that content is technically and stylistically accurate.
S/he is an expert in creating web content and fully understands how to write and edit plain-language content for websites and applications. S/he is also an advocate for plain language and content strategy.
He/she is involved in content creation and content management. This includes:
1.. Editing and testing digital content
2. Editing and publishing pages within the web content management system
3. Maintaining content within the content management system
• Maintaining and updating content strategy deliverable such as content matrices, audits and inventories, process flows, and page tables.
• Auditing and maintaining existing content for technical accuracy and style
The Web Editor reports to the Content Strategy Team Lead and should be comfortable working under minimum supervision.
• Tests and edits on-strategy content for websites and applications.
• Reviews web content for strategy and adherence to strategy. This includes understanding and reviewing meta content such as description, title and alt tags and working within the company’s content management system.
• Works with digital analysts and web editors to understand subject matter expert requirements.
• Tests and suggests changes to website and content management system functionality and architecture.
• Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
• Verify that web content and applications function properly.
• Reads and understands basic HTML coding.
• Collaborates with teams across the organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Three to five years of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.