Our client is currently seeking a Database Administrator III.
Design, install, maintain and upgrade the enterprise's databases (development, testing, and production). They provide technical expertise in the use of database technology and are accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise's database environment. Database Administrators work closely with business and system analysts and solution developers to define and resolve information flow and content issues-helping to transform business requirements into environment specific databases.
Database Administrators develop databases across multiple platforms. They support the transformation of business requirements into database solutions. Once a database is in place, they monitor and analyze performance metrics and then allocate database resources to achieve optimum database performance. Individuals implement and perform backup and recovery procedures for the enterprise's databases and help develop the tools and techniques that allow customers to access data in a secure environment.
Lastly, they support and help develop a common set of standards, the methods and procedures used for all database administration development work and recommend software and hardware upgrade paths.
- Works on multiple projects as a team member or sometimes as a technical lead or adviser.
- Supports multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years of database administration experience working with various database management systems required.
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems, application and/or web standards and database licensing.
- Thorough understanding of performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of a particular database platform required.