Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
Must provide examples of contributions to open source community - please provide links to GitHub account or similar
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems.
You will architect, design and develop robust software systems with unit and systems testing. You will need to be able to quickly learn and use new technologies, troubleshoot difficult problems and be an expert with the software lifecycle including scoping and estimation of requirements along with writing of technical documentation.
Technologies we use: Github Enterprise, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Python, Django, Celery, Django Rest Framework, SQLAlchemy, Redis, MongoDB and vagrant.
We make use of modern processes and technologies wherever possible, including Github Pull Requests for code review, continuous deployment to our test environments, strict adherence to best practices, recommended code style and layout (PEP-8) and a strong drive around unit testing all our code. This gives us the confidence and ability to make significant refactoring changes across a large codebase quickly, without fear of having broken some code somewhere else.
• Coding of SaaS applications in an Agile development environment
• Developing automated tests, predicting areas of risk, and coordinating with our QA staff to achieve the best blend of error prevention and error detection possible
• Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
• Guide, coach and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects
• Work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and deliver projects on time with minimal direction
Collaboration includes ongoing peer review process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work
- 3-5 years' work experience & desire/ability to continue learning
- 2+ years' experience web development with Python/Django
- 2+ years' experience with OOD web technology (any language) and Linux
- Must provide examples of contributions to open source community/GitHub
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with both UI & backend development including one ORM technology
- Understanding of Web Services or ESB
- Experience with Apache, Jboss, or Tomcat
- Experience w/source control (SVN, Git, Mercurial), IDEs, & defect tracking
- Innovative approach to development
- Passion for technology
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams