- Find and procure sources of data which provide insight to the competitive landscape from aggregators, public filings, trust reporting and public records sites.
- Analyze data to create and validate financial assumptions and build standardized reporting that is distributed across senior levels of management
- Create trended reporting with views to marketing volumes, portfolio growth, product segmentation, profitability, pricing, cash flows and loan performance.
- Creation of financial models to approximate and forecast competitive portfolio metrics
- Drill down into the data to find trends and outliers to signal change in competitive direction.
- Communicate results in a clear concise manner
- Find creative ways to assess the marketplace and recommend ways that Springleaf can best position itself to gain market share.
- 4-year college degree (OR related work experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Economics, Business Management or Computer Science is preferred
- Knowledge of the retail / consumer lending industry with Competitive Intelligence experience being a bonus
- Adept at reading and interpreting financial statements
- 2+ years’ experience in data-driven problem solving
- Working Knowledge of data query tools such as SAS and/or SQL
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment