The Mechanical Technician operates as a team member of the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Group and performs mechanical preventive and breakdown maintenance within the facilities and on a world class carding nonwoven production line. This position operates as an integral member of the Operations group in supporting the production operations of the plant as well as the plant infrastructure.
- Applies knowledge of carding to minimize downtime as carding machines are rewired, maintained or repairs as made.
- Ensures all Preventive maintenance orders assigned are completed in allotted time.
- Ensures proper safety rules are followed.
- Maintains work area and shop housekeeping levels are maintained.
- Provide advanced skilled mechanical maintenance support to all areas of Production and Facilities.
- Maintains mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components, including but not limited to pumps, motors, gearboxes, cylinders, belts, chains, bearings, sprockets and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot, determine equipment malfunctions, and apply skills to restore and repair to operation.
- Install, start up, and shut down equipment in accordance with Company safety procedures and in line with OSHA standards.
- Advise Operators of safe operations.
- Communicate potential problems and/or inherent dangers to appropriate supervisors, managers, or team leaders.
- Supervise and assist other contract personnel as assigned.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Adhere to all internal and other legal HSE requirements.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform scheduled Weekly On-Call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Be able to push, pull, and roll 50 lbs. fabric
- Ability to climb 6 ft. ladder
- Ability to operate forklift and obtain forklift license
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to operate small power tools
- Ability to remain standing for 12 hour shift with three breaks allotment
- Minimum 2 year degree or 5 years experience in field of work
- Perform scheduled Weekly on-call