This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of all employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects assigned to the position under your own direction, but with adequate supervision.
Specific Job Duties:
- Support and participate in continuous improvement programs and activities to ensure meeting of departmental performance objectives.
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing forklift maintenance program.
- Daily collection and entry of Logistics data sheets onto electronic spreadsheets / databases including;
- Maintain attendance records
- EZ Labor timeclock monitorship & adjustments for Logistics Department
- Employee database
- Overtime equalization
- Generation and distribution of presentations, continuous improvement reviews and team communication meetings.
- Charting of the Materials/Logistics departmental performance objectives.
- Prepare cost savings documentation and summary report.
- Create new forms, data management spreadsheets, or reporting formats as required by the Materials/Logistics Department.
- Inventory, purchase and ordering spare parts, production consumables and services as required for the Materials/Logistics Department. All purchasing practices to follow established methodology.
- Prepare, file and distribute monthly audit reports for safety and housekeeping audits.
- Participate as required in communication and cross-functional continuous improvement teams focusing on improving performance objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field of study.
- Systems implementation experience.
- Ability to communicate concisely both written and orally.
Required Work Experience
- Must be computer literate in the Windows environment and LAN.
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Microsoft NT.
- Minimum five years experience in an automotive environment.
- Project management experience