This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager (or his/her designee) and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display professional conduct.
- To follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects assigned to the position under your own direction, but with adequate supervision.
Specific Job Duties:
- Support process and maintenance activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
- Identify, communicate and document any difficulties relating to the product, process and/or quality system as per directives.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system through designated channels.
- Verify implementation and effectiveness of recommended solutions. Participate in control plan updates as protocol.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans of all products.
- Work with equipment suppliers to accurately collect application and performance data on new technology tested in the process.
- Complete all maintenance as directed in the total productive maintenance plan to ensure optimum performance of the equipment.
- Participate in the development of robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products and the continuous improvement of existing programs to optimize transfer efficiency within the guidelines of the control plans and customer quality standards.
- Perform all daily maintenance on air compressors, conveyors, robots, motors, and other electronic equipment to ensure optimum performance and utilization. Verify and calibrate as directed in the total productive maintenance plan to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the process. This includes, but is not limited to all electrical equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatics in the Department and Mechanical Room.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform preventative and predictive maintenance on all equipment in the Department and Mechanical Room per the CMMS.
- Maintain organized daily logs of all maintenance activities, process parameter data and verification records.
- Operate Heavy Equipment, Fork Lifts, Sky Lifts, etc in a safe manner as per the Safety regulations.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement teams as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and overtime.
- Train personnel as directed by the Maintenance Manager in the implementation of the specified application methods and parameters in accordance to the control plans established.
- Report all accidents, injuries, and near misses immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager (or his designee).
- Associate’s Degree in a related and technical field of study required. Six years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Must be computer literate on the Windows platform.
- Must have valid driver’s license
Skills and Experience:
- Five (5) years experience as a Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Mechanic and/or Industrial Electrician.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems required.
- Mechanical and electrical experience with industrial control required
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is required.
- Computer technology and programming an asset.
- TIG, MIG, & Stick Welding Skills are strongly preferred.
- FANUC / Robotics experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routinely lifting or carrying loads of 40 lbs. floor to chest and occasionally lift or carry 60 lbs.
- Repetitive motion of hands and shoulders.
- Some exposures to chemicals.
- Climb ladders at least 20' in height and work from heights in excess of 35'.
- Climb aboard a standard forklift repeatedly in an 8-hour period of time.
- Capable and willing to crawl, crouch, lay prone and work within tight areas.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending, and stooping.
- Operation of forklifts, man lifts and other company vehicles as necessary.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in production.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Use of telephone, computer, radios, paging systems and other communication devices as needed.
- Work in close proximity to high temperature molds (290-320 degrees).
- Must be able to travel from time to time including overnight, as required.
You will receive training to perform your job on an on-going basis concurrent with business operations. Training areas will include safety, quality, continuous improvement and other job specific training that is determined to be an essential part of your job.