Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer/Launch Leader for their Ohio facility. This position will be responsible for launching new programs at the facility. The primary responsibilities include approving new product designs, analyzing and approving new manufacturing equipment for the products and assessing/approving new processes to manufacture the products.
Essential Job Functions
- Approves new product designs for production.
- Assesses and approves new product tooling for production.
- Reviews and authorizes new product processes for production.
- Initiates and maintains “open items” tracking system for new products.
- Attends all tooling tryouts at the tooling vendors.
- Coordinates all tooling tryouts at the manufacturing facility.
- Participates in obtaining PSW approvals on new products.
- Coordinates Job #1 launches on new products.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering, automotive, or manufacturing facility setting required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Job requires substantial time working in a manufacturing/plant environment.
- May occasionally lift or carry light items (up to 25 pounds).
- Job requires sitting, standing, and walking, mostly at the incumbent’s discretion.
- Normal visual acuity required for computer work.
- Position requires frequent exposure to noise, temperature extremes, moving parts, fumes, etc. in a plant environment.