The Electrical Technician operates as member of the Electrical Maintenance Group and performs electrical testing, installations, and troubleshooting within the facilities and on a world class nonwoven production line. This position operates as an integral member of the Operations group in supporting the production operations of the plant as well as the building infrastructure.
- Provide advanced skilled electrical maintenance support to all areas of Production and Facilities.
- Maintains, tests and repairs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components, including but not limited to programmable controls, PC controls, power distribution, drives, and test equipment.
- Troubleshoot, determine equipment malfunctions, and apply instrumentation skills to restore and repair to operation.
- Install, start up, and shut down equipment in accordance with Company safety procedures and in line with OSHA standards.
- Advise Operators and line Mechanics of safe electrical operations.
- Communicate potential problems and/or inherent dangers to appropriate supervisors, managers, or team leaders.
- Maintain Company-required performance and maintenance records.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Supervise and assist other contract personnel as assigned.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Adhere to all corporate and other legal HSE requirements.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform scheduled On-Call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Be able to push, pull, and roll 50 lbs. fabric
- Ability to climb 6 ft. ladder
- Ability to operate forklift and obtain forklift license
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to operate small power tools
- Ability to remain standing for 12 hour shift with three breaks allotment
- Minimum 2 year degree or 5 years of experience.