Directs program management activities for assigned scope within an organization. Ensures all
engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's and
industry’s established policies and objectives. Develops product and manufacturing
technologies that provide high quality products, excellent customer service and optimize
profitability for the company. Reports to Director of Program and Product Development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates launch of new programs. Identifies and develops process and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components utilizing data, standards, and past problem quality information, as well as industry specific skills and experience.
- Provides advanced project timing, and monitors the progress of new programs.
- Prepare PPAP documentation so customer will allow product shipments and approve invoices for tools.
- Establish part flow, control plans and PFMEAS, BOMs and routings on new launch parts.
- Provide initial project timing for new programs
- Support program launches on site at manufacturing facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry including Tier I experience, and demonstrated knowledge of industry standards such as FMEA, CAE, APQP gateways, etc.
- Demonstrated successful project leadership responsibility.
- Occasional exposure to noise, process temperatures, and moving equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Occasional lifting of parts up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent travel required, including overnight stays