1. Coordinate and direct SMC manufacturing trials.
2. Direct disposition of material rejection notices.
3. Direct disposition of non-conforming SMC material placed on quality hold.
4. Oversee maintenance of the Process flow, PFMEA, and Control Plan for SMC compounding.
5. Work on process improvements.
6. Lead quality and continuous improvement teams.
7. Monitor and report on engineering activities to plant management and Corporate Managers.
8. Act as a liaison between management and suppliers on raw material performance issues.
9. Lead cost reduction initiatives.
10. Lead quality and continuous improvement teams.
11. Investigate customer concerns.
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Chemical Engineering Technology. CSP will consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree if all other requirements are met.
- Experience I Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma tools (Green or Black Belt) preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years working in a manufacturing facility
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess ability to lead teams.
- Must have solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills.
Client will provide training to the individual in this position to receive “Black Belt” certification. In addition, the client will provide training on the control plans and PFMEA.