The role of Analyst - IT Financial Controls is critical to the success of our compliance with Sarbanes standards that require management to assess internal controls over financial statements annually. The Financial Controls function strives to evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of the detective and preventative controls within processes that facilitate the preparation of reliable financial statements. The function will also work with management to develop an appropriate level of financial control to address new processes/risks.
Under general supervision, this position will be responsible for testing and associated documentation in compliance with SOX requirements. This position may provide functional advice/training to less-experienced personnel.
• Participate in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls over manual and automated operations to comply with SOX requirements.
• Participate in the development of controls including analytical tools, reports, and systems to meet management’s needs.
• Provide insight into potential process improvements.
• Support qualitative improvements in control operations to reduce / eliminate control deficiencies.
• Monitor identified deficiencies and SOX remediation efforts to ensure timely closure of findings.
• Assist and coordinate the performance of walkthroughs.
• Prepare ad-hoc presentations to senior management.
• May support staff in the preparation of report/department organizations.
• Work with internal and external auditors to answer questions and provide supporting documentation.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum Experience Requirements:
• 2 - 5 years experience
• Demonstrated experience with process documentation including flowcharting and narratives, walkthroughs, and control testing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Previous Big 4 audit experience is preferred.
• Previous Banking or Financial Service industries experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• Ability to organize data and exercise effective problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across business levels (both vertically and horizontally).
• Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, prioritize workload for self, and coordinate with teammates to meet deadlines.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners and experience working with multiple business partners in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
• Comfortable working in an evolving and dynamic environment
• Flexible and can work independently and in a team environment
• Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information systems, or related discipline
• Relevant professional certification(s) (e.g. CISA, CIPP, CISSP, CGEIT, CISM, CRISC, CIA, CPA)