Our Research Managers will work directly with leading investors in North America, serving as their specialized client service professional, and report to the FBS Senior Research Manager. This is a dynamic client service role with managerial responsibilities and ownership of specific accounts.
Successful Research Managers accomplish the following:
• Cultivate strong client relationships by creating thought partnerships, providing bespoke and innovative solutions via the our platform, and delivering amazing client service.
• Identify, establish, and grow relationships with key experts and thought leaders well-suited to assist clients of varying seniority with their learning gaps.
• Own accountability and responsibility for book of business by developing and executing a growth plan through proactive management of accounts and pursuit of commercial opportunities.
• Demonstrate strong industry content expertise and proactively engage clients and experts to understand key industry dynamics and trends.
• Collaborate with colleagues across offices and teams to leverage all of our resources, as appropriate, in delivering solutions that exceed client expectations.
• Regularly plan, organize, and host client roundtable events on timely and investable topics.
• Manage and mentor more junior employees – directly and indirectly – and assume responsibility for their personal and professional growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients. Successful candidate will be a confident, persuasive, and able communicator comfortable with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
• 2 to 5 years relevant experience, ideally in financial business services (FBS)-focused consulting, research, banking or journalism.
• An orientation toward action and passion for execution. Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• An understanding and awareness of financial markets, through educational and/or professional background, with sector expertise in business services, banking, insurance, lending, payments, credit cards and/or related sectors.
• Strong work ethic and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Desire to conduct in-person, email, and telephone outreach to clients and senior experts in their respective fields.
• Ability to “connect the dots” between current events and investor priorities.
• Strong relationship-building skills.