1. Proficient on Applied Systems/preferably EPIC.
2. Follows up on open activities.
3. Creates service schedule for new and renewal clients - Standards: Implement in accordance with procedure manual
4. Performs complete coverage review prior to renewal, identifies inadequacies and missing lines of coverage; notifies client and producers; documents accordingly - Standards: Review completed 120 days prior to renewal
5. Completes renewal process in conjunction with Agency standards and procedures - Standards: All forms completed accurately and applications signed by client.
6. Obtains non-marketed renewal quotes from existing carrier, contacts clients and follow-up in conjunction with Producer, renews policies by agency standards; refer all delinquent items to the Supervisor - Standards: Requests renewals from carrier at least 60 days prior to renewal, per agency standard; presents proposal and orders renewal at least 4 weeks prior to renewal.
7. Checks policies and coordinates transmittal of all policies. - Standards: Policies are processed within 2 weeks of receipt
8. Responds to clients' and Producers' needs by coordinating the issuance of Acord forms, Summaries of Insurance and other related items accurately and on time - Standards: Requests completed within 24 hours and corresponding activities entered into system
9. Review audits and handles accordingly - Standards: Audit reviewed within 3 days
10. Refers current and prospective clients to Life & Health and/or Personal Lines for solicitation - Standards: Upon binding of new business or processing of renewal
11. Prepares renewal report and clears old expiration items and corrects policy statuses - Standards: Report is reviewed every Tuesday
12. Maintains a professional and retentive relationship with every assigned client - Standards: 90% of clients renew each year
13. Runs & maintains accounts receivable according to agency standards - Standards: Report is run every Tuesday.
14. Contacts clients as appropriate - Standards: All client phone calls returned the same business day. Telephone contact or personal visits in accordance with planned visitation schedule.
15. Invoices all transactions accurately - Standards: 100% invoicing accuracy; all premium items handled within 5 working days
16. Follow up for Ocean Cargo Reports - Standards: No reports outstanding more than 30 days
17. Performs other duties as requested or required. – Standards: Established expectations and deadlines met. Handles the following items with an urgent status for the Commercial Lines department and when the C/L Assistant is unavailable: 1. Recommendations. Standards: Processed within 3 days of receipt. 2. Anti Arson Applications. Standards: Processed within 3 days of receipt. 3. Routine Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Property. Standards: If received by 3pm same day turnaround; otherwise next business day. 4. Order Loss Runs. 5. Process D&O renewal applications for real estate. 6. Prepare Summaries of Insurance.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. Must have property and casualty insurance agency experience to be considered for this position
2. Minimum of two years in the insurance industry, preferably in a commercial lines customer service capacity.
3. Property/Casualty license
4. Working knowledge of insurance products and usages
5. Computer literate and knowledge of Applied Systems preferred and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications specifically Word and Excel.
6. Completion of CISR or ACSR or other professional designation within 12-18 months
7. Willingness to pursue continuing education
8. Verbal and written communication skills
9. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, express enthusiasm and be flexible
10. Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
11. Ability to work independently or as part of a team