As a member of our DevOps team you will combine your skills in automation, configuration management and analytics to drive the efficiency of a high-volume, highly available software as a service (SaaS) application and platform. Your sphere of responsibilities will include designing, deploying and maintaining systems which support the entire software development lifecycle for one of our largest enterprise platforms. In addition to supporting the development, staging, production and CI/CD systems, you will also be active in managing the security of these systems implementing automation for maintaining everything where possible.
You will use and support existing AWS services while implementing new services and technologies and report back on the status and maintenance of those systems. You will also participate as a member of the on-call schedule for managing incidences and outages.
Utilizing a mindset of continuous improvement, you will perpetually analyze current operations to find and improve upon system process, performance, quality and capability.
Qualified applicants should have a proven ability to design, implement and maintain Linux environments and the CI/CD systems required for automating continual integration and delivery of those systems. Candidates should demonstrate a solid knowledge of AWS services and best practices which allow SaaS systems to maintain high availability, security and scalability.
- Actively support designing and maintaining development, staging, and production Linux environments
- Actively support and expand CI/CD systems for managing delivery of software to the needed SaaS platform
- Conduct design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers where new feature development requires new infrastructure
- Automate systems and processes to ease or eliminate manual work within multiple departments supporting the SaaS platform
- Writing documentation for existing systems and all new infrastructure and automation
- Design and implement change control policies and BC/DR plans and systems
- Setting up and supporting monitoring/alerting on all systems supporting the SaaS platform
- Monitor and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance
- Participate in DevOps standups as well as development SCRUM team standups where needed
- Participate in continuous improvement sessions to identify areas for improvement across supported systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation receiving SMS and email alerts
- Lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage
- Self-driven continuous education for maintaining relevance in a fast pace technology sector
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- 6+ years’ experience in a DevOps or relevant position supporting large or enterprise level systems
- Multiple years Linux system administration with focus on web-based technology and support
- Proven experience implementing solutions utilizing one or more cloud technology platforms - AWS as required
- One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- Web and Application Server technologies experience (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx)
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- MySQL, Maria and Mongo Databases
- One or more version control platform with Git as a preference (e.g. Git, GitLab, SVN)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Experience with Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware) and Containers (Docker)
- Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
- Familiarity with blue green and other deployment strategies as well as release management technologies
- Experience implementing and using the following AWS Services: EC2, S3, ECS and ECR, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Secrets Manager, VPCs, Certificate Manager, Route53, GovCloud, SNS, SQS.
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to pass an initial drug screening required
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or a related field