Provide day to day production support of server environments in Troy. Assist in remote management of servers in remote locations.
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hardware issues on Intel based servers and perform repairs (disks, memory, batteries, cabling, peripheral cards, etc). Experience dealing with RAID based disk technologies as well as managing disks in JBOD configurations.
Unix server hardware and OS administration for the following:
- Linux Servers (CentOS, Ubuntu, Red Hat)
- AIX Servers (including VIO and LPARS)
- Sun Servers
Windows server hardware and OS administration for the following:
- Microsoft Server OS
- IIS, SQL, file/print server functionality
- Microsoft clustering and failover technologies and recovery
Management of virtualization technologies:
- Fiber SAN accessed disk configuration / access
- Filesystem and volume group/disk management
- Provide day to day support of the hardware and operating environments for servers in the Troy datacenter and other remote locations.
- Resolve all production issues identified. Be available to come into the data center after hours as needed for hardware repairs or other changes.
- Be proactive in managing hardware inventory to address issues before they cause impact.
- Perform hardware repairs for servers not under vendor support. For example, perform disk drive, memory, battery, network or storage HBA card replacements. Order and maintain a supply of spare parts.
- Vendor coordination for issues on systems that are under vendor support.
- Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance and system integrity as needed.
- Work with applications and other infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex problems that impact our customer’s ability to perform required business functions.
- Minimum 5 years supporting platforms and processes listed above in large enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems.
- Scripting experience scripting preferred: (Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Power Shell).
- Citrix experience preferred.