Location: Oxford, NC
Type: Full Time / Day
Acts in the best interest of company at all times
Ensures safety is the main priority in any job performed
Reports on any unsafe conditions
Follows all US / OSHA safety rules
Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping in the Electrical shop and else ware
The Electrical Technician operates as member of the Electrical Maintenance Group and performs electrical testing, installations, and troubleshooting within the facilities and on a world class nonwoven production line. This position operates as an integral member of the Operations group in supporting the production operations of the plant as well as the building infrastructure.
- Provide advanced skilled electrical maintenance support to all areas of Production and Facilities.
- Maintains, tests and repairs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components, including but not limited to programmable controls, PC controls, power distribution, drives, and test equipment.
- Troubleshoot, determine equipment malfunctions, and apply instrumentation skills to restore and repair to operation.
- Install, start up, and shut down equipment in accordance with Company safety procedures and in line with OSHA standards.
- Advise Operators and line Mechanics of safe electrical operations.
- Communicate potential problems and/or inherent dangers to appropriate supervisors, managers, or team leaders.
- Maintain Company-required performance and maintenance records.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Supervise and assist other contract personnel as assigned.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Adhere to all and other legal HSE requirements.
- Understanding and experience with single phase & 3 phase systems; Ability to work w/voltages - AC: 24, 120, 208, 240, 277, 480 & DC: 12, 24, 630
- Understanding of electrical drawings
- Communication devices: Distribution switches, Profibus, Ethernet, Patch panels,
- ** Relay logic ** , timers, safety relay operation, & ** ASI system ** is a plus.
- Experience in Photo eyes, read switches, proximity sensors, pressure/vacuum transducers, & speed control modules.
- Motor trouble shooting ability, along with motor starter and contactor trouble shooting skills.
- AC Drives & Servo Drives(DC)knowledge and navigation skills, Profibus, and Ethernet: Emerson(Control Techniques), Allen Bradley, & ABB Drive
- PLC knowledge for software familiarity and troubleshooting: ** CTI ** , Siemens, & Allen Bradley
- HMI Trouble shooting skills
- Experience w/mechanical items as follows: Gearboxes in relation to motors, fans in relation to pressure and vacuum, cylinders in relation to air and hydraulics,
- Understanding of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic controls: Air Outputs, electrical inputs for control, regulators including settings and input/output control,
- Hydraulics: Solenoids, cylinder sensors, pumps, valves
- Building systems including: air handlers, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, and house vacuum systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Knowledge of UPS Systems
- Computer skills: Excel, word, internet, communications.
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Inventory experience
- On-call experience and willing to do it
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
Be able to push, pull, and roll 50 lbs. fabric
Ability to climb 6 ft. ladder
Ability to operate forklift and obtain forklift license
Ability to operate machinery
Ability to operate small power tools
Ability to remain standing for 12 hour shift with three breaks allotment