Position: 3D CAD Designer (Electromechanical Component Packaging)
Location: Santa Carla, CA
Project Length: 2 to 4 months
This opportunity will challenge you, it will excite you, and will take you to the next level of design and engineering of future mobility. If you are looking for an opportunity to collaborate with a global enterprise that works on future mobility technologies, this is the position for you!
Education and Experience:
- Placement and packaging of Electronic Control Modules, Infotainment Sub-system Components, and other electro-mechanical components in a 3D Digital Mock-Up of a new vehicle design
- Create and Maintain existing CAD models and ensure accuracy of information
- Develop and maintain CAD design of air space and airflow through cavities and audio system integration
- Develop and maintain CAD of sheet metal and plastics design for brackets, housings, and panels
- Develop and maintain CAD of design for manufacturing and design for service
- Support Design Engineer to meet timing milestones
- Be willing to accept change and incomplete information
- Stay current with latest trends in automotive interior and exterior design, as well as consumer electronics, product and related design fields
- Work on multiple projects
- Meets department productivity standards
- 3+ years of CAD experience placement and packaging of Electronic Modules and electro-mechanical components
- Experience with CATIA V5 or V6, Enovia, 3D Experience and other PLM software .
- Passion for automotive design
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology
- Forward, innovative thinking for future vehicles
- Very Good understanding of automotive electronic components and manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development processes, timing and product cycles
- Experience working in cross-departmental teams and balancing design intent with vehicle feasibility
- Good organizational, inter-personal, and presentational skills
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team
- Proficient PC skills - current Office 365: Word, PPT, Excel and MS Project
- Technical understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- High level of understanding of mechanical component design and raw material properties
- Ability to work well within a team or independently.
- Ability to resolve issues creatively and propose resolutions to responsible parties.
- Provide support for internal and/or external customer
- Follow, review and provide input to processes, procedures and work instructions
- Manage workload to meet customer expectations.
- Perform design reviews
- Understand and work to OEM specifications
- Review and understand drawings and other design communications.
- Communicate effectively with customer and TENA associates.
- Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Company
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with engineers about design issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position