Position: Design Engineer - 12V Switches
Location: Torrance, CA
There is a bit of EDAG in almost every car. We are experts in complete vehicle development and the optimization of production facilities for the automotive industry.We offer our customers a full range of automotive related engineering services and we are currently looking for a Design Engineer to assist in the development of a new electric vehicle for an up and coming player in Torrance, CA.
This opportunity will challenge you, it will excite you, and will take you to the next level of design and engineering of future mobility. If you are looking for an opportunity to collaborate with a global enterprise that works on future mobility technologies, this is the position for you!
Candidate should have a BS in engineering with 5+ years product engineering to support 12V switches and interior lighting, must have launched a vehicle. Able to clearly direct and maintain tasks with supplier, host meetings and report status. Expect travel to supplier locations and company facilities.
Education and Experience:
- Definition and selection of electrical switches throughout the interior cabin
- Relay clearly & directly requirements to supplier and maintain tasks & excellence with supplier
- Communication both physical and electrical requirements of switches to suppliers & CAD Designers
- Interface with UI/UX, Interior Design (Styling) Manufacturing and System Suppliers
- Ability to review CAD to communicate and verify design requirements are met
- Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Plan and track validation of components
- Familiar with Communication Protocols LIN / CAN
- Do benchmark studies of comparable vehicles to know industry norms.
- Working knowledge ISO26262
- Expect travel to supplier locations and company facilities.
- Domestic and International Travel 20%
- 5+ years automotive low voltage switches product development
- Vehicle launch
- Regulatory knowledge
- Ergonomics/dfmea/dvp&r/validation experience
- Class A to 3D CAD
- Plastics/mechanism engineering
- Tooling understanding
- Focus on mechanical design/development
- Electrical PCB/connector/pigtails
- Back lighting/LED/touch panel
- Interior development
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, (BSME,BSEE) or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- 5+ years Automotive & Switch design with Lighting experience (Supplier and OEM)
- Must have launched a vehicle or been actively part of launching a vehicle
- Experience with 12v switches, electrical hardware
- Able to clearly direct and maintain tasks with supplier, host meetings and report status.
- Experience with injection molded plastics
- Create/support feasibility and homologation studies
- Experience with mechanical testing and validation requirements
- Work with design team and other engineering teams for development
- Proficient with CAD, preferably Catia V6 (V5 Experiences accepted with ability to upgrade to V6 Quickly)
- Develop & Integrate design to ensure serviceability, manufacturability and other performance attributes for autonomous system integrations
- Knowledge of DFMEA/DVP&R/PPAP/program timing and costs