In this position, our engineer will have access to state of the art CNC machines and software to provide applications solutions for our customers. You will assist in before and after sales support with time studies, test cuts, machine configuration, fixture/ tooling design, programming, turnkeys, and training of Methods advanced machine tool systems at our facilities and at customer facilities nationwide.
- Presale time studies, process recommendations, tool selection and work-holding concepts.
- Training of customers at Method’s facilities and customer facilities nationwide.
- Generate Engineering proposals and presentations for customers
- Servicing customer with phone and onsite support
- Programming of customer parts
- Debugging and setup of complete machine tool systems.
- Writing technical processes/manuals for turnkey solutions
- Managing tasks to a specific timeline meeting delivery dates
- Occasional travel sometimes required on visits with Sales Engineers and to customer facilities located within the Mid-South plus to headquarters
- Occasional international travel may be required for technical training.
- CNC Controls emphasis (Fanuc preferred)
- Strong CNC machining background
- Machine tool programming using CAD/ CAM
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers and customers
- Proficient in math
- College, Engineering Degree Preferred but dependent also on experience