Our CLIENT is looking for a Controller to join our team who would be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and generate timely financial reports and statements for the company. Reporting to the CEO, this position will be located in our company headquarters in Reston, VA and would manage accounting operations across three offices that provide Contingent Workforce services and solutions. They are an emerging company catapulting to $30 million in revenue with expansion plans to be at $100 million in 5 years.
· Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures.
· Prepare consolidated financial statements.
· Assist leadership in a variety of financial analytics.
· A roll up the sleeves leader who is in the day to day operations of the business.
· Analyze financial/non-financial data along with a strong ability to interpret the results for the senior leadership team.
· Perform/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations (balance sheet, various P/L accounts).
· Complete monthly close procedures.
· Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the senior leadership team.
· Oversee preparation and processing of bi-weekly, multistate payroll for employees.
· Supervise accounting staff.
· Assist with A/P and A/R and collections
· Maintain and manage lease agreements for multistate locations.
· Oversee outside tax preparation and independent review.
- CPA strongly preferred, not required
- 5 years (min.) in a senior accounting role
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with managing a small to mid-size team with proven leadership skills and maturity
- Honesty & integrity
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical ability
- Open and direct communicator
- Interprets and communicates financial results clearly and proactively
- Accountability and excellent follow-through on commitments
Our CLIENT is a results-driven, professional services firm providing IT solutions that enable clients to achieve critical business objectives.