Title: Melt Coordinator
Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Sparta, MI, United States
We are seeking individuals for our Melt, Foundry and/or Machining Departments within our cast-iron foundry facility. This position will involve the operation of melting furnaces, transport of iron from furnaces to molding lines utilizing hoist operated ladles and ensuring proper inoculation of furnaces occur based on type of iron needed.
. Interested candidates must be willing to work any shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd) as well as any position within the production departments. There are opportunities for employees to bid onto other positions, however; positions are originally assigned to new employees based on availability. There may be more than one classification open during new hiring process.
- Qualified applicant must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screen and background check
- All shifts may require daily or weekend overtime
- Knowledge and use of precision gauging equipment as well as one year of foundry experience and/or as a machine operator within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Position requires standing and walking for long periods of time, lifting up to 30 lbs, push/pull force of 50 lbs, use of hand tools and ability to work in an environment with heat.