We are seeking a new Director for a well established Social Services agency in Troy, MI.
Required qualifications --
Experience in adoption casework, child placement and/or social work supervision.
Must have child welfare experience and/or experience in adoption.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- Hires, trains, and supervises social work staff
- Reviews and approves home studies from local home study agencies in all states in for agency placement programs;
- Works with out-of-state agencies and social workers for the placement of children through agency placement programs;
- Evaluates Child Referrals from overseas placement entities and recruits prospective adoptive parents for children who are older or have special needs for placement through agency placement programs;
- Consults with medical professionals who are familiar with children referred for international adoption regarding information in Child Referrals;
- Requests additional child-specific information from overseas placement entities when needed;
- Supervises non-social work staff in partnership Executive Director;
- Assists with maintaining agency accreditation and state license;
- Represents the agency when the Executive Director is not available;
- Other duties assigned as required.