Network Engineer needed for long term contract
Local candidates only please for immediate interview.
Location: Lansing, MI
No sponsorship or C2C employment currently available
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review the existing network infrastructure to understand where support gaps exist and provide recommendations to close/mitigate these gaps
• Review all existing servers in the infrastructure to determine level of patching required, locate potential security risks, document applications running on each server and assist in identifying those applications that can be sunsetted.
• Provide operational/production support for: o Computing devices (desktops, notebooks, servers, networks, mobile devices, etc.)
o Experience implementing load balancing technology within the enterprise (F5, etc.)
• Helping to establish policies and procedures for server upgrades, including but not limited to, OS upgrades / patching, network upgrades / patching, etc. This also includes establishing a regular cadence for patching / upgrades.
• Review existing performance of the infrastructure and provide recommendations to improve overall network and server performance.
• 24 x 7 On-call availability for emergency support
• Occasional evening and weekend work to perform maintenance and upgrades.
Qualifications: Education and Years of Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• IT Professional with 4+ year’s industry experience in network engineering and server engineering.
• 4+ Years’ experience configuring and managing an enterprise-wide Cisco-based network infrastructure, including Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches, Cisco 3700 Switches, etc.
• 4+ Years’ experience using Solar Winds for comprehensive IT Network Management
• 4+ Years’ experience with Token-ring and Fiber networking architectures
• 4+ Years’ experience with load balancing technology such as F5, etc.
• Some experience with Configuring Virtual Machines with VMWare.
• Some experience implementing Microsoft Active Directory infrastructures
• Experience with one or more enterprise backup solutions
• Experience applying patches and service updates to all networking components within an enterprise
• Strong hands-on aptitude in performing administration functions such as installations and configurations, etc.
• Ability to develop trend and analysis reports indicating database growth and load to anticipate storage, CPU and memory needs
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Good decision-making skills and initiative in solving problems.
Must be able to move freely throughout the data center - climb ladders, bend down as required in this type of role.