The General Administrative Specialist is responsible for administrative support of the finance department. These activates involve setting up files, scanning documents, filing invoices, matching backup to credit card statements and any other support activities necessary for the group.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Aid Accounting Specialist when needed in processing credit card statements from banks by breaking them down and ensuring all backup is attached to support each charge. The supporting document must show the charge clearly and have written explanation of charge. In addition, each bank charge must have the proper approval and then the statement itself must have the proper approvals as designed by corporate signature matrix.
- Aid Accounting Specialist when needed with monthly reconciliations of vendor statements with vendor balances in accounts payable or priority.
- Aid Accounting Specialist when needed with matching vendors’ invoices to checks from check run and scanning to accounting drive.
- Filing of vendor invoices in payment file once fully processed.
- Aid in the setting up of new vendor files on an annual basis.
- Providing back for other functions when needed due to sickness or vacation.
- Perform various administrative duties as needed, including reception and data entry.
- Daily pick up of mail
- Daily bank deposits as necessary
- General errands to Wal-Mart, etc.as necessary.
- Problem analysis and root cause problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other departments.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on various levels.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prefer one year of office experience (e.g., processing invoices, filing, customer orders, data entry, receptionist duties, and customer service, processing incoming and outgoing mail).
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and Access and ERP systems.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- All other duties as assigned.